Sunday, October 25, 2009

A New Road To Travel


For the first time in I can't remember how long, I finally feel like I am exactly where God wants me to be. He's made it so obvious how this was all orchestrated and I feel blessed. I know the work ahead is hard, but the reward is eternity with my King and a little boy who will respect his Mom.
For those of you who don't know, I am living in a Women's Center in Capitol Hill. It's a lovely place, started many years ago by a group of nuns. The facility in beautiful, but what captivates me more is the stories I hear everyday of women, much like me, transformed. I am at the beginning of my journey, and a bit scared, but as I've said before He is the potter and I am the clay. I am eager to see what sort of masterpiece God creates out of me. For the first time in I don't know how many years, I don't feel vacant. I sense the power of the Holy Spirit in me and he is working. So many of you have prayed and those prayers did not fall on deaf ears. I am surround by women of diversity, but a handful who love the Lord. My eyes have been opened the past few weeks as to what the real issues are and I believe that God brought me to this place to begin working on those issues. It's good to have arrived, but scary to see what lies ahead. This one thing I do know: I walk in faith with my Savior. I walk in confidence with my King. And I walk with my head up with my Redeemer.
There are a handful to have faithfully prayed and I just want to thank you: Grams, Mom, Cheri, Randy, Jean, Terry, Gena, Maelisa, Cindy, Tosha, and a certain 8 year old boy. Amen that God is working! God is faithful. To the road ahead...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Lisa, I will continue to pray for you. We are Gods greatest masterpiece and He is not finished with us yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah its funny how God steers you into unexpected places that end up changing your life...thank you for sharing your story Lisa, it's not unlike my own.Relapse Prevention

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post very much i had nice time while reading your post

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother recommended I would possibly like this web site. He used to be entirely right. This post truly made my day. You cann't believe just how so much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete