Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Let the blogging begin...

I've finally succumbed to the newest rage of blogging! A good friend of mine recently undertook this little project and I've found myself on almost a daily basis reading her posts. It's proved to be a great way to keep up with what's going on in her life. My "keep in touch" skills have been seriously lacking, especially amongst my friends who live in other states. So, here I am, blogging away with the hope that this might bridge the gap in communication between some of us. I've lost my blogging virginity. Hmm, never thought I'd say that.

So, what's happening in my life? Boring doesn't seem to be in my vocabulary. Readers Digest version: I have a job that I love but isn't paying. Looking for a new one that will propel me into financial ease, which essentially means I could be looking for a long time. The kids are great. Garrett is making his way in first grade (much to my chagrin, he's a celebrity in our little suburban school). He is as precious and hilarious as ever. God blessed him with an incredible sense of humor. Madilynn is as smart and pretty as a whippet. It's actually a bit frightening. She's so articulate and focused. Little Miss Indepdendent. Can't imagine where she gets it. I've recently renewed my commitments at church. I took time off this past year as I had to deal with some very major issues. It's good to be back in Choir - worship is a great passion of mine. This weekend is Christmas At The Ranch. We attract several thousands of people over the period of three days. It's a fantastic venue and a strong message. Go to http://www.chcc.org/ to find more information.

I've been involved in a 12-step fellowship since March 2007. I think that God has been shaping my testimony to be one of redemption and unending grace. For those of you unaware, following my illness in 2004, I became addicted to prescription pain medication. As I continue to blog, I'll share more about that. Anyway, God saw fit to keep me alive and give me a second chance at this thing called life. My journey these past nine months has been an absolute miracle - a true story of redemption and restoration. I am passionate about my personal recovery, and as of late, a growing ember has burned for other addicts still suffering. I am so blessed to have a number of strong relationships in my life that have been born out of recovery. The women who continue to mentor me and guide me through the everyday business of living, are an ever remarkable example of God's purpose in my life. My gratitude speaks...

You are welcome to keep tabs on my journey as I share the current happenings and growth taking place in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment