Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Resolutions and buttless chaps...


So the new year begins and I'm without a resolution. The man-friend was over the other day and with great dismay, he couldn't believe I didn't have a new year's resolution. I'm just not that way. I love to sit back and listen to others talk about what huge, inventive, practical or imaginative things they're going to accomplish in the coming year. And then, February rolls around and those resolutions are squashed, tabled, or forgotten. My big goal this year is to read some of the classics. Boring, I know.


Anyway. I got this quiz the other day via e-mail and thought I might post it here. Gives you better insight into the space between my ears.



  1. Name? Depends on who is asking...to Garrett I'm often Crackerjack or homeslice. Most of my family calls me Lis, with exception to my brother who generally calls me Bean. In high school, I worked at a summer camp and we had nicknames...I was Tattoo (off Fantasy Island).

  2. What color pants are you wearing? Who says I'm wearing any? I'm sporting buttless chaps. The chaffing is insufferable.

  3. What are you listening to? The sound of my stuffy nose trying to suck up some air.

  4. What's the last thing you ate? A chicken teriyaki bowl.

  5. Do you wish on stars? No.

  6. If you were a crayon what color would you be? Red. A loud and very noticeable shade.

  7. Favorite person on this earth? I can't choose just one. My kids take the cake.

  8. Last person you talked to on the phone? A Douglas County Court clerk.

  9. Favorite drink? A triple Venti, 6 pump vanilla, nonfat, extra hot, carmel macchiato. Yes, the people in line behind me at Starbucks hate me.

  10. Favorite sport? Does putting packing tape on the paws of my cat count? You should see it, I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard. For a legit sport, definitely college football (GO HUSKIES!!!).

  11. Hair color? Creme Brulee according to the box label.

  12. Last movie you watched? 21 Grams.

  13. Siblings? Yep. A big brother.

  14. Favorite food? Crepes with homemade whipping cream. Did you know that whipping cream is a multi-functional food? Oh the possibilities.

  15. Favorite day of the year? My clean date.

  16. How do you vent anger? Lately, profuse use of profanity.

  17. Summer or Winter? Autumn, duh.

  18. Hugs or kisses? Both, as much as possible.

  19. Chocolate or Vanilla? Both.

  20. If you were to step outside right now, how should you dress? Again, buttless chaps. Nevermind the ensuing doctor bill for thawing out butt cheeks that were frozen together.

  21. Right now, your feet feel? Cold. They've been cold since October and won't thaw out until April. My favorite thing to do with them is stick them on man-friend's legs to warm them up. He doesn't see this as very endearing.

  22. Favorite place? Under a down comforter.

  23. Favorite activity? Not for general audience knowledge.

  24. What do you think of when reminiscing on the 80's? Jelly shoes, leg warmers, Dirty Dancing. Oh, and Michael Jackson was still black.

  25. Favorite joke? I only know one...How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb? Wanna ride bikes?

  26. One thing you love about yourself? My sense of humor.

  27. One thing you would change about yourself? Physically, it would have to be "the girls." I'm hoping a little Dr. 90210 action might fix that. Mental/Emotional, this would be greater self-sufficiency.

  28. Most fun you've had recently? Watching Alan karaoke to "I'm Just A Gigolo" followed by what we dubbed as a gathering of social misfits.

  29. What scares you? This is a loaded question.

  30. Most embarrassing moment? I have so many, I could apply the Dewey Decimal System to categorize them. Recently, a complete stranger walked into my house and saw me buck naked. Man friend forgot to lock the door behind him. The poor kid who came in was paralyzed. I saw him a week later...he's my next door neighbor (he was drunk and thought he was walking into his apartment). I relive the nightmare every time I see him.

That's it. Now you know all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment