Friday, June 27, 2008

A little Gratitude

I don't have anything profound to say, except that my family (well, Kelly, Mom and Garrett) are all here. We'll be spending the weekend together having a great time. I was all stressed out about some ridiculous crap over the week, particularly today. My doctor called to bitch me out regarding a situation she has no business saying anything but "Are you okay? How can we help." Or "sorry, that must have sucked." She felt compulsed to drone on and on about a subject she's clueless about. Anyway, it pushed a BIG button and I was all wrapped up in it. Then I realized I was renting head space to someone who doesn't belong there. A healthy nap, cookies, reading the text and the book of book, and time alone fixed it. I'm a much better person now.

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude as I spend time with my family. First, my brother Kell is in a good place. He's the clean Kelly who makes me laugh so hard I either pee my pants or spew milk out my nose. He's also the one guy on this earth who gets me, loves me, understands the addiction bit, and never judges me. He's just a big brother who loves his baby sister.

And then there's Garrett, who's new thing is watching the weather channel. It's hilarious. Yesterday, he watched the Seattle area, where a large portion of my family remains. He HAD to call Sha-Sha (my Grandmother) and warn her that there were dangerous thunderstorms coming her direction. Does she have a closet to hide in asked the six year old. He was very serious and I was trying not to erupt in uncontrollable laughter. His seriousness was followed shortly with a noxious fart. All is well in Garrett's world. He could be the next Al Roker you know. Except he's white...and cute....I'll stop there.

And my Mom. She's just being herself and I love it. We laid on her bed to take a nap. Mistake. We talked, I wiggled, she snores, so finally I left. I love my Mom. She's so real, so loving to me and never gives up even when I screw up. She gets the badge and ticker-tape parade for being just a really nice woman. She loves God with all her heart too. She's a superstar.

I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blogs! You can contact me regarding Remnant at sswoodard at yahoo dot com. You know, use the @ and the "."zlcxeq

    ReplyDelete