Saturday, August 23, 2008

Christian Dior vs. Aveda

I've been a bit remiss in writing this past month. Life is insanely busy, but in a good way. God provided a catalyst for change that was uncomfortable, but in retrospect, totally necessary and I'm seeing the blessings even now. I'm loving my new job, although it takes me out of my comfort zone and into something new. You know how I am. I like to think I know most things. Well, in this industry my knowledge is limited and I find that frustrating sometimes. I do like the learning curve and I think everyday my abilities grow and grow. The other day a good friend of mine cut my hair. She said as we were finishing up, that she could see something changing in me for God's glory. I think I walked on the clouds the rest of the day. It has nothing to do with me and everything to do with God's power in my life. Most of the time, I have to just get out of my own way.

I'm in a safe place now and many feelings that I've been putting off are coming to the surface. I don't feel quite so ill-prepared, nor do I feel the enormous fear I felt even a month and a half ago. Grief has been a big one as of late. I think that grief is cleansing, but I have to tell you, it hurts like a mo-fo. God's been good to me again and again. Lately, he's been providing friends with similar beliefs and and a sense of humor that puts Richard Pryor to shame. I haven't laughed this much in ages! It's really adding to the lines around my eyes. Dude, I had to start investing in eye-cream and I don't mean the Walgreen's whatever is on clearance stuff. Hello Aveda. Hello Christian Dior. It helps, but the sudden awareness of aging is quite alarming. I pray that I'll have the glorious skin my Mom does. She kept Christian Dior in business for a long time!

Can I just mention I can't decide if the makers of Playstation should either receive a Nobel Prize or be knocked silly. I can hear three kids in the other room all fighting over who's winning, who's losing, and who basically has no skills about the game. This is all quickly followed by rousing cheers, hoops and hollers and laughter. I'm afraid to go in there. Yikes Batman.

I really have nothing profound to say today. I think my brain is on overload and I can't urp up any spiritual, funny or worthwhile comments! I'm still alive for those of you faithful in asking and yes, life has improved beyond my imagination. Thanks to all of you who have stood by me through all of this. You'll never understand what that has meant to me. Life changing is all I can say.

1 comment:

  1. I had been really thinking about your this morning and decided to log on to see if you had blogged. Glad I did. Glad to hear things are going good for you! Keep "keepin" on Lis. Love ya, Cori

    ReplyDelete